Monday, March 15, 2010

Beef and Black Bean Stew

I found this recipe posted at my gym. It's low fat and high in fiber. It's really good, although, I haven't tried it pre-frozen, hopefully it will work out. Let me know!

cook time: 8 hours


1 medium onion, chopped
3/4 pound lean stewing beef
1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 14 oz. can diced jalapenos (I couldn't find any that weren't really, really hot, so I used about a teaspoon of the hot ones)
1 15 oz. can reduced sodium black beans
1 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. chili powder

Preparation:

Coat bottom of crockpot with nonstick cooking spray. Place chopped onion in the pot, followed by beef, tomatoes, jalapenos and black beans. Add cumin and chili powder, and mix into the juices a little.

Cook on low for 8 hours. Serves 4

CC- defrost, add to crock pot, with beans (I drained and rinsed them first).

No comments: