Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Red, Gold and Black and Green Chili – for the Crock Pot

Adapted from Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home

1/2 cup bulgur
3 cups undrained canned tomatoes (28-ounce can)

3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
2 cups chopped onions
3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
2 generous teaspoons ground cumin
2 generous teaspoons chili powder

2 green bell peppers, chopped
2 cups fresh or frozen cut corn
11/2 cups drained cooked black beans (1 14-ounce can)
1 1/2 cups drained cooked red kidney beans (1 14-ounce can)
salt to taste

Add all ingredients except the bulgur wheat to the crock pot, cook for 4-6 hours. Add bulgur wheat during the last hour of cooking. Serve with grated cheese.

3 comments:

Michele said...

Thanks - this was soo good!

Andrea said...

I don't usually like kidney beans, but I liked them in this dish. I'm sending this recipe to my friend. I like the crockpot idea.

Ginny said...

Delicious!!!